Thursday, 2 April 2015

Easter Treats!


Spring has sprung, the flowers are blooming and the Easter bunny is about to come a hopping!  Do you find holidays and family gatherings a tough time to stay focused on healthy eating and not give into the temptation of treats??

Here are some quick tips:

- Eat before you go.  Showing up hungry will only make you dive into the treats faster and increase the likelihood of you making poor food choices.  Including some protein in your pre-festive meal will help stabilize your blood sugar levels and reduce your cravings.

- Ensure you are properly hydrated.  I'm sure you have heard it before but I will repeat it again - drink water! Sometimes we mistaken our hungry for thirst so make sure you grab a glass of water and stay hydrated.

- Bring your own healthy treat to ensure there is something there you enjoy and can have guilt free! I know for me dessert is  my biggest weakness so I always ask the host if I can bring a dessert to share and they haven't yet said no!

To ensure you weren't stuck on ideas to bring I thought I would help you out and share some tasty recipes!
Lemon Cookie Tarts (I can't wait to make these again this year!)
Chocolate Pie topped with Strawberry Compote
Raw Chocolate Walnut Fudge (I'm sure you could replace the walnuts with any other nuts or even pumpkin seeds if you wished)
Peanut Better Balls (my mouth waters every time I see these - You could replace the pb with almond or sunflower seed butter if there is a peanut allergy)

Which are you most excited for? I think this year I will be making the Lemon Cookie Tarts and the Peanut Better Balls for my families gathering! Mmmm I might have to double batch them to keep some here for me ;)

Have a great holiday!
Katie

PS Want this information and more great tips sent right to your inbox?  Click here to sign up AND grab yourself a free copy of my green smoothie e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment